International Conference on Yoga Philosophy
YOGA SASTRA SANGAMAM
24, 25 & 26 February 2023,
Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari
Organised in collaboration with Mahatma Gandhi University Kerala & Central University of Himachal Pradesh
“Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divinity by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this either by work, or worship, or psychic control, or philosophy - by one,or more, or all of these - and be free. This is the whole of religion. Doctrines, or dogmas, or rituals, or books, or temples, or forms, are but secondary details.” - Swami Vivekananda
The International Conference on Yoga Philosophy named as Yoga Sastra Sangamam will be held at Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari for three days on 24, 25 and 26 February 2023. It is a unique confluence of philosophy, knowledge and dimensions of Yoga representing the confluence of three seas. The Yoga Sastra Sangamam is a National Conference on Yoga, distinctly different from the usually held Yoga conferences and seminars. The Sangamam is devoted to the Yoga Sastra viz. Yoga texts. The Conference will focus on topics, ideas, contents, interpretations as well as practices elaborated in various Texts on Yoga like - Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, Vasistha Samhita and Yoga Vasistha etc. The Sangamam will provide an intense discussion and understanding of the Yoga Sastra.
The Objective :
- To bring the pearls of Yoga Sastra close to the humanity
- To understand the Yoga Texts deeply and clearly
- To initiate an interest in the knowledge of Yoga
- To inspire participants to study and understand Yoga Texts
- To develop interest in the comparative study of Yoga Texts and commonly available yoga practices
- To make to understand what Yoga is and what it has been being propagated
Yoga Sangamam – It is a common platform for vaious streams and practices, theories, concepts and ideas.
- Four multi-track presentations
- In English and Hindi
- Common sessions
- Questions and Answers
- Yoga practices and performances
Who can participate:
- Yoga Enthusiasts
- Yoga Practitioners
- Students studying Yoga
- Sanskrit teacher and professors
- Yoga teachers and Professionals.
- Those interested in understanding the pure essence of application of Yoga Texts
Contents of the Sangamam:
- Paper presentations
- Poster presentations
- Panel discussions
- Yoga demonstrations
- Yoga sessions
- Asana and Kriya Demonstrations
- Recitation Competition of Patanjala Yoga Sutras (Any TWO padas). Prizes will be awarded to winners.
- Chanting of 108 Names of Maharshi Patanjali
Invitation for Paper presentations:
The theme and content of all paper presentations is - elaboration, discussion and understanding of Sanskrit verses from Yoga Texts. Papers can be in English and Hindi. Papers oriented to Yoga Therapy Research need not be sent. Kindly send a one page synopsis with paragraph margin of an inch, single space between lines set to A4 size.
The synopsis should be mailed in a word and PDF file to - [email protected]
Vivekananda Kendra, Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari
The Atmosphere :
Most beautiful, salubrious, green, natural, calm, serene and peaceful On the banks of the musical waves of the ocean Witness Sun Rise with Surya-Namaskar and Meditation
Food and Accommodation:
Simple vegetarian food. Accommodation on sharing basis is provided within the campus.
Important Dates :
- Last Date to submit the synopsis : 10th February 2023
(Confirmation of accepted papers for presentation will be informed within a week after receiving)
- Last Date to submit final paper : 15th February 2023
Registration amount includes food, accommodation and conference material.
- Dormitory Accommodation Rs.1,500/-
Non A/C Room accommodation on sharing basis Rs.3,000/-
A/C Room accommodation provided on sharing basis Rs.5,000/
Online Transfer To A/C No. - 57039910344 IFS Code - SBIN0070013
* Last Date for registration is 20th February 2023
* You are to reach Kanyakumari on 24th February 2023 by 7am
For all further details contact at [email protected]
Food and Accommodation
Vegetarian food will be provided.
Accommodation on sharing basis is provided within the campus.
Fill up the registration form on the other side and post to:
Yoga Sastra Sangamam
Kanyakumari - 629 702