Fill online form for camp enrollment. Don't miss the such opportunity. Limited seats !!
|Yoga Shiksha Shibir||English||1-15 May 2019||18 to 60 Years||Rs.3,000/-|
|योग शिक्षा शिविर||हिन्दी||१ से १५ मई २०१९||१८ से ६० साल||रु.३,०००/-|
|Yoga Shiksha Shibir||English||22 Nov - 6 Dec 2019||18 to 60 Years||Rs.3,000/-|
|योग शिक्षा शिविर||हिन्दी||२२ नवंबर से ६ दिसंबर २०१९||१८ से ६० साल||रु.३,०००/-|
Camp Donations are non-refundable.
Medium : English & Hindi
Place : Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari
Any Physically and Mentally fit person in the age group of 18-60 years. The participant should be able to perform various Yogasanas and exercises and partake enthusiastically in Camp Schedule : morning 5am to night 10pm.
Participants should report at Shibir office one day before the camp starts i.e. 30-Apr / 21-Nov latest by 5pm and can leave only after 2pm of concluding day i.e. 15-May/6-Dec afternoon. Late reporting and/or leaving before the camp concludes are strictly not allowed.
The Syllabus : Yoga Shiksha Shibir
- Study and Practice of Yogasanas & Pranayama
- Yogic relaxation methods, japa and techniques of meditation
- Study of Yoga Darshana & Bhagavad Gita
- Indian Culture & Life and message of great men and women of our country
- Chanting of strotras, bhajans and songs for emotional culture.
- Visits to Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Kanyakumari Temple, Marut-Malay Tracking
The Camps are fully residential. Simple dormitory accommodation is provided for Ladies and Gents separately.
We provide simple vegetarian food.
Kanyakumari has an excellent weather throughout the year. The summer is pleasant with just sufficient warmth and the winter is never cold. Winter clothing are generally not needed at Kanyakumari.
How to Reach?
- Vivekanandapuram is Just 1 Km. from the Kanyakumari Railway Station.
- Taxis and autos ply regularly between Kanyakumari and the campus.
- Thiruvananthapuram is the nearest airport (just 90 kms. away).
- Vivekanandapuram is a request bus stop for all the buses entering Kanyakumari.
- Participants should bring their necessary bedding with mosquito-net, a torch light, writing materials, toiletry articles needed for entire duration of the Shibir. (only mattress will be provided)
- Prescribed dress for Yogasana Sessions: For Men: Any light colour loose T-Shirts and Track suits/Shorts For Ladies: Any light colour Salwar and Kameez i.e. Punjabi dress. Tight dress or Jeans are not allowed. Apart from Yogasana and Shramanubhava sessions shorts are not allowed for the other sessions.
- Please avoid bringing tape recorders, i pods and other valuable articles.
- Use of Mobile phones is not allowed during the camp.
- Participation in all the sessions in time is compulsory for all the participants.
- Participants should report at Shibir office one day before the camp starts latest by 5pm and can leave only after lunch on the concluding day. Late reporting and/or leaving before the camp concludes are strictly not allowed.
- Going out of the campus venue, smoking, chewing of Paan / Paan-Masala, consumption of tobacco / alcohol or any other intoxicants are strictly prohibited.
- The participants are required to walk daily about two kilometers and climb stairs upto two floors daily, within the campus for various sessions.
How to Enroll?
Fill up the attached form (giving full and correct details) and send to the address given below.
Camp Donations are non-refundable.
Registration / enrolment on reaching maximum number i.e. 75.
Shibir Office In-charge
Vivekananda Kendra, Vivekanadapuram
Kanyakumari – 629702
Phone: +91 - 4652 – 247012 E-mail: camps [at] vkendra.org Web: www.vkendra.org