Gist of the 3 Bouddhik sessions during the Pranayam Prashikshan Shibir :-
May 24, 2021
Ma. Hanumanth Raoji, All India Vice President of VKK addressed the participants, on VK’s approach to Pranayama practice during which the following points were highlighted:
- . Mention of Pranayam in Vedic literature like Rig Veda (Shrutis), Shatpath Btahman, Manusmruti (Smrutis), Upanishads, Shankaracharya’s Yoga Tarabali, Yoga Vashistha, Shrimad Bhagabat Gita, Hatha Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, etc.
- In none of the texts “Kumbhaka” is mentioned, as it is understood nowadays. In Kendra we focus on “Keval kumbhaka”, as experienced after Bhastrika
- In Nirvana Prakarana of Yoga Vashishtha, the process of slow breathing with awareness has been discussed in detail. In Kendra we follow this Vashishtha system of Pranayama.
- Controlling depth, length and sound of breathing and observing the changes during both inhalation and exhalation.
- Observing breathing /Prana – creating awareness. There is connection between the mind and breathing.
- In pranayam, the role of Prajna is very important. Prajna works only when the mind is calm. Hence mind should be quietened before the practice of Pranayama. Complimentarily, due to the practice of Pranayama, mind quietens.
- Bhagawad Gita 4.29 talks about Gati Rudhhwa and Patanjali Yoga Sutra talks about Gati Viccheda:. Both talk about the speed. No need of stopping the speed, but controlling the speed.
- Hence the practice of Pranayam done by VK, with no focus on Kumbhaka, is in line with Yoga Shastras.
- Chandra and Surya Anuloma and Viloma, are the contribution of VK to the practice of Pranayam
May 25, 2021
Sri Laxminarayan Bhai, Prakalpa Sangathak spoke on PANCHAKOSHA in general and Pranamaya Kosha in particular.
• When a man involves in any activity, he uses 5 aspects – the Body (Annamaya Kosha), energy behind (Pranamaya Kosha), Mind (Manomaya Kosha), the thinking faculty (Vijananmaya) and the feeling of Bliss (Anandamaya kosha).
• This is beautifully described in Taiteriya Upanishad – Brigu-Varuni samvad.
• Veda say we have to live upto 100 years. For that the body should be properly utilised. The nearest thing to the Physical body is the Pranic body.
• Pranayama important to balance and activate the Pranic body.
May 26, 2021
Smt Kalpana Mehta, All India Yoga Certificate Course co-coordinator, spoke on PRANIC BODY:
“At the beginning of the cycle they (Pranic energy) start up, strike upon the Akasha, and out of the Akasha evolve these various forms, and as the Akasha changes, this Prana changes also into all these manifestations of energy. The knowledge and control of this Prana is really what is meant by Pranayama."
— Swami Vivekananda in raja Yoga