1 “Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during the Deepa Pooja and Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 7,56,760 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 75 Balwadis, 1,864 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 1774 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 4 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 632 were treated for their eye ailments and 121 were operated for cataract. 83 persons given eye drops and 38 persons given spectacles.
5. In 179 Samskara Vargas, 7,220 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 25 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 114 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 203 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 8775 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 780 Kgs of rice from five districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 75,061 /-
10. 446 Vivekavani Subscriptions collected.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 02 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 25 persons attended.
13. Swadhyaya Varga has been conducted at one places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 13 persons attended
14. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
15. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 192 members participated.
16. Durga Pooja was conducted at 03 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 246 devotees participated.
17. Yoga camp was conducted at Vallioor from 27/07/2015 to 01/08/2015. 24 gents and 21 ladies participated . The function started with omkar and ended with pushpanjali.
18. Cultural conference was held at Ambasamudiram and 105 students from 6 classes In this conference Vivekanandar Kendra workers, wellwishers, teachers and volunteers participated.
19. Rural level competition was held in five districts Total No.of. competitions - 38, Schools -309, Students -6131, Parents - 254, Teachers - 379
20. Urban District level competition held at Kanyakumari and Thoothukudi districts. Total No.of. competitions - 2, Schools - 23, Students - 377. Parents - 26, Teachers - 52
21. On 15.08.2015 Independence day was celebrated in 72 balwadies and nearly 2384 people participated.
22. Swami Vivekanandar Vizha was performed at 9 places in 3 districts and 4135 persons participated .
23. 508 deepa pooja was conducted in Veerakeralamputhur in Tirunelveli district where 472 peolpe participated.
24. Guru Purnima was celebrated at Peyankuzhi, Vallioor,Kovilpatti. Nearly 23 places and 2210 girls and boys participated in the function.
25. 1008 deepa pooja was conducted in Thiruvattar in Kanyakumari district , Tiruchendur in Thoothukudi district and Uthragosamangai in Ramnad distrrict where 987, 1082 and 1100 people participated respectively.
26. On 16/08/2013 in memory of Shri Ramalinga Aasari and Smt. Ramalakshmi sweets were distributed to 732 children in 31 balwadis from Thoothukudi and Ramanathapuram districts.
C.Saraswathi – Ambai – Tirunelveli District
This happened in Ambai – police station. We went there to get permission for canvassing the free - eye camp announcement to be held on 19.7.15. There was a big crowd because of the riot in a nearby village. A constable asked us to wait for some time. Even after 45 minutes we were not able to get in. When we thought of leaving a lady constable rushed towards us and welcomed us. She felt very sorry for not noticing us. Then she helped us to get the permission and treated us kindly with respect. We came to know that she had written the Indian culture test conducted by Vivekananda Kendra and selected for the camp. We realised the effect of our Kendra activities and thanked her for the timely help. Such incidents boost us to serve more and more.
K.Ramalakshmi - Chekkarakudi – II – Thoothukudi District
I am serving in Chekkarakudi – II. Every month we conduct Deepa Pooja. One last Tuesday a lady named Muthulakshmi came to me and asked me whether she could join the Deepa Pooja. I told her that it was for all who were willing. Then she came for 6 months continuously. Last week, after the Deepa Pooja she came to me and happily told me that she was blessed because of the pooja. She and her husband who were living separately joined together forgetting all their misunderstandings. Now they are very happy and peaceful. I am also very happy on hearing this and encourage to gather more number of ladies for the Deepa Pooja.
P.Sathya – Palayampatti – Virudhunagar district
This incident happened in our Balwadi at palayampatti. Rithish is so poor that he can’t even buy Chappals. He comes bare footed. One day when all the children went to the toilet, a boy named Karthick noticed Rithish going without Chappals. At once he took his Chappals on hand and gave them to Rithish and insisted him to take. I was much impressed to see Karthik’s helping tendency and Voluntary help in this young age.
R.Sakunthala – Pethaperumalkudiiruppu – Kanyakumari District
A lady named Sahaya Selva Rathika aged 30 came to Kanyakumari Eye – Camp. She had lost her one eye sight totally 5 years ago. She couldn’t see her child clearly. She underwent an operation in our camp and regained her lost eye-sight. She felt so happy for being able to see her young child and expressed her gratitude happily. Really I was much delighted and understood the fruit of service.