Dear Brothers & Sisters,
The report for the activities, conducted by VKRDP, during the month of NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER 2010 is detailed below, for your kind information:
1. Through 75 Balwadis, 2,050 rural Children were nurtured. In the Balwadis, Malt, Hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch were served, with vegetables, and evening, vitamin rich cereals were provided to the children.
2. In Medicare Programme, 4,737 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 15 Rural Medical Centres.
3. In 227 Samskara Vargas, 7,545 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games and lessons. The feelings of oneness are strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
4. Under Sponsor A Grand Parent Programme, 25 destitutes - old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 44 persons provided rice only.
5. With the assistance of Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli Free Eye Screening Camps were organised at seven places. 1,086 patients were screened and 252 were operated for cataract.
Medicines and Spectacles were supplied to the needy patients.
6. Village level Deepa Poojas were organised in 272 temples with 19,726 women participants, who offered their prayers to God for the welfare of all people. 1008 deepa poojas was organized at Tenkasi in Tirunelveli District and Thoothukudi in Thoothukudi district, 1658 sisters participated from 50 villages.
7. Vivekananda Kendra workers and volunteers have collected 2,448 Kgs. of rice, from the people of Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Ramanathapuram and Virudhunagar Districts, under Amrita Surabhi Scheme.
8. Through various branch centres and Book stalls, Rs.92,028/- worth of literature books were sold.
9. Subscriptions for 282 Vivekavani, 2 Yuva Bharati, 2 Arunachal Pant Parivar and 2 Patrons were registered.
10. 80 women being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
11. Swadhyaya Varga was organised in Paramakudi and Aruppukottai in which 39 persons participated.
12. Yoga Varga is being conducted in three places in Kovilpatti, Ramnad and Aruppukottai and 63 persons attended.
13. Four Tailoring units are functioning in Kanyakumari & Tirunelveli districts and total attendance is 69.
14. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at two places in Kanyakumari District and 106 members participated.
15. Durga Pooja was conducted in Peyankuzhy and North Peyankuzhy at Kanyakumari District and 98 sister participated.
16. Chanting of Sri Rama Jaya Rama Mantra was held during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and also daily by Balwadi School Children, Cultural Class Students and during Monthly Meetings by Balwadi Teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 3,67,465 times mantras were chanted in 135 localities.
17. Swami Vivekanandar picture was pasted 420 houses from 4 villages of Virudhunagar District.
18. Religious Conference was organized at Sivagiri (Thoothukudi), Andarkulam in Kanyakumari District and Valliyoor in Tirunelveli district on 28.10.2010, 05.12.2010 and 25.12.2010, 189 students from 26 cultural classes participated.
19. Parents meetings were conducted in 4 balwadi places. 76 parents participated.
20. Mananeeya Eknathji Jayanthi were celebrated at 65 places in Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Ramnad and Virudhunagar Districts and 2,740 persons participated.
22. Swami Vivekanandar Vizha was celebrated on 4.11.2010 at Kallaveerianvilai in
Kanyakumari District 250 people participated.
23. On 05.12.2010, Anna Pooja and Children’s Carnival was celebrated in Kovilpatti Devi Sri Gayathri Mandapam. 2,800 Kgs. rice was collected from 10 village people. On that day Kovilpatti, Nagalapuram and the surroundings Kendra Balwadi children’s and Samskara Varga students were participated and they performed the cultural programmes. And also one Anna Pooja was celebrated in Paramakudi, 5,900 Kgs. Rice were collected. 190 persons were attended this function.
24. Two Personality development camp was organized at Valliyoor Vivekananda Kendra Vidhyalaya and Mahatma Gandhi Matriculation School, Ilanji. 300 students were attended this camp.
25. Urban Children’s Carnival was conducted at Kanyakumari from 13.11.2010 to 14.11.2010, 49 students from 36 schools and 65 parents and two teachers were participated this camp. Kendra’s senior karyakarta Shri Angiras (Mamaji) was presided over the function and to distribute prizes and Certificates to the winners.
26. Every month we are distributing the rice which is collected through Amrit Surabhi and Anna pooja to Balwadi children, old poor people and also the following institutions, educational institutions etc., as follows.
Sri Saratha Devi Anbu Illam, Nagercoil - 100 Kg.
Avvai Ashram, Sivasailam - 200 Kg.
John School, Kombikulam - 100 Kg.
Hindu Middle School, Kalanthapanai - 200 Kg.
Hindu Middle School, Thirumalapuram - 400 Kg.
Balwadi child and Grannies - 4,531 Kg.
In the Service of Lord
VKRDP : THOOTHUKUDI, INDIA
web : http://www.vkrdp.org
(from our balwadi teachers & workers)
1. C. LEELA, PEYANKUZHI, KANYAKUMARI DISTRICT ::
In each of our crèches there are babies in the cradles. Our ayah used to sing lullabies to the crying children. Other big and small children used to watch this. One of our student Shivani was asked by her mother to look after her sleeping brother in the cradle. The mother had asked her to sway the cradle of the baby cries. Once the baby got wake up he started to cry. Shivani started to sway the cradle with the song, “Kannan Engal Kannanam” which she learnt it at the crèche while the ayah was singing for the crying babies. Shivani’s father came back from the office at that time and heard her singing, felt very happy at her quick response to her brother’s crying. He asked her who taught her the song and praised her for her sweet voice. He immediately proclaimed that after hearing this religious lullaby they will not listen to cinema songs. The parents came for the parents meeting and narrated this incident in front of all the parents. All were very pleased.
2. C. JAYANTHI, PUTHALAM, KANYAKUMARI DISTRICT ::
One day one student left the eating place in a hurry without washing his plate well. Suguna came next and washed her plate and kept it in the rack saw that previous boy did not wash it clean so took his plate and washed it very well. I was touched by her action which was done without being told by others.
3. Mrs. RENUKABAI, KALINGARAJAPURAM, KANYAKUMARI DISTRICT: ::
One person came to admit his child for the coming year. I asked him to come on June 1st with his child and then I asked his whereabouts. When he said the name of the place, immediately I told him it is a faraway place and how he is going to bring the child. Immediately he said this was what I told my wife and asked to get admission from the nearby V.E.R.S. Matric school. But my wife told me that she wanted her child to have a year at least at Vivekananda Kendra Balwadi because she studied as a child in the same school with the same teacher at least for a year she wants her child to attend this school. The teachers here treat the children very kind and they teach them with full attention. So my wife requested that we should bring the child here in whatever way we can, so they both agree to bring the child here anyhow. This incident touched my heart because the mother’s anxiety for her child to get the same love and culture from Kendra school. I felt like applauding Vinitha the mother for her forethought.
4. C. SASIKALA, P. RAJESWARI – PUDUGRAMAM, TIRUNELVELI DISTRICT ::
At Pudugramam crèche, there were holes, hollows and unleveled floor. We asked one of our old student, brother Saravana kumar to help us to level the floor. He was one of our kind, helpful and pious devotee of Kendra. He gave us cement and sand immediately. Since he could not spare the time we asked one of our old student, N. Suresh to level the floor. Without any hesitation, he took a day off from his work and leveled our floor in the proper way. Not only have that he also did a good job in our front yard of the school where water was stagnant always. Their help was very useful and made us happy.
5. Ms. MARAGATHAM, KOOTTAMPULI, THOOTHUKUDI DISTRICT ::
Near our crèche there is a one and half year child named, Kasthuri. Her parents told us that we will leave her at your crèche next year. But as we start our morning prayer she will open her home door and will enter our school and will sit on the bench and will start to sing. Her parents told us that without their knowledge, when she hears our prayer Kasthuri will start saying ‘OM, OM’ and run to the school. She was so attracted by the music. This touched my heart.