The only God to worship is the human soul in the human body.
The Northeast region is considered the crown of Bharat and Arunachal Pradesh its crest jewel and therefore it is vulnerable to the evil designs of forces inimical to India. Bharat's "Ideal Social Order" is a unique one and its preservation, protection and promotion is a prime necessity. This Ideal Social Order is still prevalent in living form in all the eight States of the Northeastern region. It is the responsibility of all patriotic citizens of this great land to contribute their time and energy for the purpose. Shri Eknath Ranade, founder of Vivekananda Kendra was therefore very particular that appropriate multi-dimensional activities should be undertaken here.
With this in view, Kendra is working in the region with the theme Development through Culture. Kendra is at present having numerous active branch centres in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam and Nagaland and is slowly increasing its activities to the Northeastern States.
- 100 Balwadis with 200 Balsevikas (teachers)
- 2 residential Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas for girls
- 12 Anandalayas (Tuition cum Sanskar Varga for students of government primary schools) with 24 Acharyas in Arunachal pradesh and 40 Anadalayas in Asom.
- Mobile video cum library van
- Study circles for college students
- Camps and educational tours for the youth
- Women's awareness camps
- Vocational training for women in weaving carpets and shawls, tailoring, handicraft, jam and pickle making etc and their marketing
- Training village health workers
- Mobile medical camps for prevention and cure of common diseases
- Seminars, symposiums and documentation of data relating to the local traditions and culture etc with the help of the locals under heading of Vivekananda Kendra Institute of Culture.
- Vivekananda Kendra NRL Hospital, Numaligarh : ISO certified (ISO 9001 : 2000) and well equipped Hospital with 35 beds provides medical care in pediatrics, obstetrics, gynecology and general surgery. It also offers mobile medical services to villagers around Numaligarh. The health of the general public as a whole and in Numaligarh Township in particular has improved.