The Year 2013 was observed as 150th Birth Anniversary Year of Swami Vivekananda & celebrated world wide by all pro-nationalist Institutes in manifolds, Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari, Vadodara Branch has also taken initiatives in this celebrations of the same.
As Swami Vivekananda Says “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” Vimarsh is a series of lectures that aimed to cultivate national character in society through thought provoking activity & spreading awareness about various national issues and their role.
- To make people aware, awake and confident by uplifting their conscious level to rebuild our nation through peace and love.
- To take Swami Vivekananda's message everywhere in words and action.
- To reveal the national heritage & create awareness among youth about the glorious culture of India.
- To build organizational and inter-personal skills in the younger generation.
- To motivate the present and coming generation to contribute for the development of the nation and get our nation imprinted as a leader on the globe.
Young India : New Direction on path of Swami Vivekananda
Glimpse of session:
- “Be Bold! Be Strong, Take the whole responsibility on your shoulders”
- The topic introduce with detail explanations by Respected Niveditadidi, Vive President, Vivekananda Rock Memorial & Vivekananda Kendra.
- Whole world knows Swami Vivekananda as Ideal Youth icon, with a clear vision and thoughts. Confidence come only when one has full subject knowledge, Didi said “The coming era is era of knowledge; the era of technology era has gone.”
- To survive in knowledge era one should sincerely & deeply understand the problems & has to find the solutions also, otherwise any one can fool us. If problem is ours than the solution must be found by our way. Didi also quoted that today’s youth is having urge of knowing things. The youth must have insight of action & their consequences.
- Vimarsha held on 24th March, 2013
Team Vimarsh received positive response from Audience to join the team; the team got more than 25 dedicated volunteers in order to organize further events & activities.
A Journey of Education in Nation Building
“Education which does not help the common mass of people to equip themselves for struggle for life, which does not bring out strength of character, a spirit of philanthropy and the courage of lion-is it worth the name? ”
Glimpse of session:
- In current scenario when the purpose of education has been considered as sole tool for making money and therefore it is important to understand & revamp the role of education system for character building and thus nation building. Educational institutes are actually cultural reproduction centers of the nation.
The topic introduce with detail explanations by Respected Vishwas Lapalkar Ji, Former Secretary Vivekananda Kendra's Education activity (VKV) in North-Eastern region and currently service as Prant Sangathak of Maharashtra and Pramukh of Prabuddha Bharat Ayam.
When LokManya Tilak Approached Swami Vivekananda to join freedom movement Swami Ji said “If you want freedom only, I can give you tomorrow! Do you have men of character to look-after? ...My religion is man making” with this incident vishvash Ji emphases that purpose of Education is character Building. Development of Physical consciousness, Mental consciousness, Emotional consciousness, Intellectual consciousness, & Spiritual consciousness should be aim of education system.
He also appealed youngsters to devote a month in year for north-east to serve as teacher. He emphasized that it is only by experience that we can feel pain of our brothers & sisters.
Vimarsha held on 21st July, 2013
In response to appeal of Shri Chandolkar ji to join Anandalaya, Vimarsh Team have visited the area of Anandalaya & organized a hygiene/cleanness drive. Vimarsh Team has also organized a Personality Development Camp.
राष्ट्रनीति-राजनीति से परे
The idea behind organizing Vimarsh on the subject “राष्ट्रनीति-राजनीति से परे” was not to discuss contemporary politics but to put nation on first priority. (Mai nahi, Hum), Rajniti is all about I, Me & My Self, where else Rashtra Niti is about sacrificing smaller identity for the bigger entity.
Glimpse of session:
- Suresh Ji said India can’t be Jagadguru until Indians decolonize their thoughts, which are deeply rooted in Indian mindset through education & media. Development doesn’t mean credit cards, cars, property, wealth & self centric consciousness. Development means journey towards realizing oneness. Suresh Ji also emphasized “not to be a blind follower of trends of capitalization”.
- Now a days, youths are taking interest in national issues than ever before. They are sensitive, idealistic & reactive. Today media plays most important role in generating opinions & views. In this situation youth must be able to read between the lines.
With a view to learn more on these things & spread awareness, Team Vimarsh is holding weekly Study Circle, in which we exchange ideas on social, cultural and national issues for character building and nation building .
Modern Challenges & Ancient Solutions
Understanding Indian Culture-Indian Model of Development
India has a rich culture for which every Indian should feel proud. Be it Science, Economics or Management, our Rishis have shown us the path which can enlighten our life to reach the highest aim of human birth entrusted by Mother Nature. There is saying “मृग नाभि में सुगन्धि, सुघे घास गंदी। दुनिया है ऎसी अंधी समजे नहीं इशारा ।” Musk deer is having fragrance in its navel of which it is not aware and so wonders through the jungle in search of the musk which ironically is in its possession. We are also not aware of our own traditions, heritage, and ancient knowledge and enter into futile efforts in seeking knowledge from elsewhere.
The Conference on Modern Challenges & Ancient Solutions is an attempt to define culture & bring out some salient features which offers perfect solution of modern problems be it recession, global warming or stressful life. Ramayana, Mahabharata, Upanishad, Purana & Vedas offer holistic solution of life then & now.
- No one can be strong with borrowed strength; if a problem is yours solutions has to be found in your own ways.
- Our epics & traditions are the outcome of efforts undertaken by our seers during last 5000 years.
- Current Challenges
- Technology- Aero plane, Television, Missile is not only fiction from our epics but they were the realities and there are lot many things mentioned in our scriptures and epics which needs sincere research.
- Economics- Have shown most sustainable model unlike current model which gives a swamp at every cycle of a specific period. For e.g Swadeshi concept of development.
- Management: rather than calling it management it was holistic approach to life that leads to prosperity with happiness & love & was able to create an environment where one can realize its own self & experience oneness.
This seminar will be having three session, 'Management and Ramayana', 'Socio-Economic thoughts from Indian Epics' and concluding session 'Claiming for glorious past! Is it enough?' is scheduled with Question & Answer on 9th March 2014 at Deep Auditorium, BBA Building, M.S. University, Near Fatehgunj, Vadodara, from 10am to 1pm.
To participate plz contact Organizer, Vimarsh Team
Vivekananda Kendra Kannyakumari, Branch Vadodara, 9-Aaram Appartment, 12 Sampatrao Colony, Alkapuri, Vadodara
Mo: +91 94277 06059, E-mail : vadodara [at] vkendra.org