Yoga Sastra Sangamam at Kanyakumari, three days on the banks of the three oceans is first of its kind.
The Yoga Sastra Sangamam is a National Conference on Yoga, distinctly different from the usually and normally held Yoga conferences and seminars. The Sangamam is devoted to the Yoga Sastra viz. Yoga texts. The Conference will be focussed on topics, ideas, contents, interpretations of textual contents of various Yoga Texts like – Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Hatha Pradipika, Gheranda Samhita, Shiva Samhita, Yoga Vasistha, Bhagvad Gita, Vasistha Samhita etc. and the various practices enumerated in these texts. The Yoga Sangamam will provide an intense discussion and understanding of the Yoga Sastra.
The Objective :
- To bring the pearls of Yoga Sastra close to the humanity
- To understand the Yoga Texts deeply and clearly
- To initiate an interest in the knowledge of Yoga
- To inspire participants to study and understand Yoga Texts
- To develop interest in the comparative study of Yoga Texts and commonly available yoga practices
- To make to understand what Yoga is and what it has been being propagated
Yoga Sangamam – A platform of various streams and practices, concepts and ideas, theories and performances
- Four multi-track presentations
- Common sessions
- Questions and Answers
- Yoga practices and performances
Who can participate:
Yoga enthusiasts, Yoga practitioners, Students studying Yoga, Sanskrit teachers and professors, Yoga Teachers and Professionals, Those interested to understand the pure essence of Yoga Texts.
Contents of the Sangamam:
- Paper presentations
- Poster presentations
- Panel discussions
- Yoga demonstrations
- Yoga sessions
Invitation for Paper presentations:
The theme and content of all paper presentations is – elaboration, discussion and understanding of Sanskrit verses from yoga texts.
Kindly send a one page synopsis with a paragraph margin of single space of an A4 size by 5th Nov 2018. The synopsis has to be sent by email in a word file to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Vivekananda Kendra, Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari
The Atmosphere :
Most beautiful, salubrious, green, natural, calm, serene and peaceful On the banks of the musical waves of the ocean Witness Sun Rise with Surya Namaskar and Meditation
Food and Accommodation:
Simple vegetarian food. Accommodation on sharing basis is provided within the campus.
Important Dates :
- Last date to submit the synopsis : 5th November 2018
- Last date to submit the final paper : 15 November 2018
Participants’ Registration contribution:
For all : Rs. 5,000/-
For students : Rs. 3,000/-
The Dates: 6th to 8th Dec 2018